Puffins and Penguins Snowy Day 28/2/18

We have enjoyed our snowy day and had lots of fun in the snow.  We have been learning that snow is made when the water in the clouds gets very cold.  We have thought of wonderful words to describe the snow and we have thought of lots of things to do in the snow.

“I was excited because when the snow fall it is fun to build a snowman and make snowballs.”

” I had fun when mum and dad pulled me on the sledge.”

5 Comments

on “Puffins and Penguins Snowy Day 28/2/18
5 Comments on “Puffins and Penguins Snowy Day 28/2/18
  1. My class also learnt some very interesting snow information…. When snow melts its volume as water is much less than when it is snow.
    Who knew there was so much learning in the white, fluffy stuff (sorry Mrs Goodwin for the use of the word ‘stuff’ but it just fit this sentence perfectly!)

2. What better way to write about the snow than to go out in it and experience being in it!
    For some of these children, it would be the first time they’ve ever experienced it.

3. You are right Mrs Sadler they said exactly that. Mrs Hughes knows that in our efforts to improve our children’s vocabulary that we are trying to find a more specific word than the word ‘stuff’ when explaining things.

4. It looks like everyone was having great fun in the snow. Well done for getting to school and learning more about the effects of the Great British weather.