ReflectEd showing perseverance in Art and DT

Children in Year 3/4 were challenged to the extreme this week and all, without exception, showed admirable perseverance and resilience.

As part of our Blue Abyss topic, the children were given the task of creating a 3D picture including a galleon, stormy seas, masts and rigging.

The children were given the materials and a variety of instructions with the aim of creating their artwork. Children had to learn to attach rigging to the wooden masts and used different ways to make their ship 3D. Children who were unsure of how to attach the rigging watched experts who were then asked to coach.

ReflectEd skills were used before, during and after to further our understanding of what we were learning.

“Before I started, I was a yellow because I had to ask for help. After I finished my picture, I was a green and now feel confident to make a 3D ship” Freya

“I was a green when I started because I’ve already attached parts before. Now I’m a blue and feel that I can coach someone” Richard

2 Comments

on “ReflectEd showing perseverance in Art and DT
2 Comments on “ReflectEd showing perseverance in Art and DT
  1. Looks like some careful measuring and maths skills needed to get the rigging the right length. Certainly plenty of concentration and focus on their learning.

2. I am very impressed with the quality of this artwork Y3/4- very atmospheric. It’s fantastic that Freya went from feeling quite unsure to mastering the techniques she needed. A huge well done to all of you. Mr Peoples