Dinosaur Planet – Bees

We’ve delved straight into our dinosaur topic this half term and there are definitely some potential paleontologists in Bees.  Children have enjoyed using a range of resources to create dinosaur pictures and patterns; written warning signs; dressed as dinosaur safari explorers; observed X-rays on the light box; found dinosaur eggs that hatch in water AND learnt new vocabulary such as carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.   Today some children learnt that an elasmosaurus measured 15 metres from head to tail so they went out into the playground to measure how long this is.

2 Comments

on “Dinosaur Planet – Bees
2 Comments on “Dinosaur Planet – Bees
  1. You’ve dived straight in! When I arrived back to school one day and saw our little ‘explorers’ putting up signs outside Mr Tudor’s classroom I was worried. They were warning us about dinosaurs being seen in school. I knew your new topic had started.
    I like your Venn diagram linking maths and science vocabulary and the way you all found out just how long 15m is – great maths outside.

2. Great to see such super measuring outside! Goodness me I’m glad that a real life dinosaur hasn’t been to visit – yet!